The IT industry is undergoing a cataclysm of innovation that is disrupting big businesses, offering opportunities for entrepreneurs, and redefining the role of IT in the corporation. GigaOM’s Structure conference helps you understand what’s next.
We’ll peel back some of the software-defined abstraction of last year to focus on the physical cloud. For example, how do we build special-purpose architectures for our apps? What happens when we scale beyond the confines of the data center with dark fiber or other distributed resources?
Topics we’ll cover include:
- Networks with ESP — application-aware networks
- Cloud, agility and your CEO: What happens when infrastructure can match the business changes in strategy?
- What keeps CIOs up at night?
- If it’s not software-defined, should you buy it?
- The Goldilocks Problem — memory that’s too fast or too slow
At Structure you’ll meet the people getting their hands dirty with deployments, such as Adrian Cockcroft from Netflix, Jeff Dean from Google, Pat Gelsinger from VMware, Bob Muglia from Juniper Networks, Dean Nelson from eBay, Jay Parikh from Facebook, Kevin Scott from LinkedIn and Werner Vogels from Amazon. Click here for a full list of speakers.
Plus, you’ll get a first look at our Structure LaunchPad finalists, chosen for their groundbreaking technologies and business models that are driving the future of the cloud industry: