It’s official: the second city to participate in Google Fiber’s mission to bring super fast internet access at affordable prices will be Austin, Texas. Our own Austinite Stacey Higginbotham has been beside herself since the news broke last week, and as Tuesday’s official event winds down, here’s all of our coverage so far.
- Google and the City of Austin are hosting a shindig. Could Austin be getting a gigabit network?
- As Austin readies for Google Fiber, here’s why you need a gig: even if you don’t think you do
- A quick look at Google Fiber pricing v. the incumbents
- The downsides of a gig: what other towns have learned after getting a gig
- Live blog: Google Fiber comes to Austin, Texas
- Take that, Google: AT&T ups the ante with plans for its own Austin gigabit network
- AT&T and Google’s plans to give Austin a gigabit is an experiment. Is it a good one?