The cloud brings tremendous flexibility and scalability to enterprise hosting, but it is not a panacea. For online retailers and other businesses with a critical online presence, security concerns, performance sensitivity, custom applications or compliance requirements, traditional, dedicated servers will remain an essential component of their architecture for years to come. Blending hosting strategies requires a special set of management tools and an ability to shift between paradigms as a business grows, as well as choosing partners that understand your business processes.
In this webinar, our panel of experts will discuss:
- How to determine which applications require customizable infrastructure (cloud versus dedicated)
- Security and regulatory concerns
- Management challenges in a hybrid environment
- How to address storage, platform lock-in and other growing pains
- Vendor selection and integration
Register here to join GigaOM Research and our sponsor Rackspace for “Hybrid hosting: customizing your infrastructure for your growing business,” a free analyst webinar on Monday, March 25, 2013, at 10 a.m. PT.