It is good to be back in the swing of things, collecting stories for you to read on the weekend. Here is a potpourri of ideas and writings that are worth spending your time on.
- Up all night: that sounds like a bad ’80s track, but it is also the state of Americans, argues Elizabeth Kolbert in the New Yorker. I can’t disagree with her take on the growing malady of insomnia. I am one of those who suffer from it.
- Dispatches from the front lines of a Lululemon warehouse sale: You think Apple fanbois are nuts? Wait till you read about these yoga freaks in fancy pants.
- No sleep till Fairbanks: Eva Holland follows the 1,000-mile Yukon Quest dog sled race. What follows is magical and I mean the words.
- Can there be merits of 3D-printed meat? Yes, says the CEO of Modern Meadow. I am glad I am 80 percent vegetarian.
- Jessica Love argues social sciences have to not only inform but also surprise in this age of connectedness.
- Why is falling so funny? Here is your answer.
- The rise of the well-dressed man. Not that there is anything wrong with it.