First we had rumors of the Galaxy Note 8.0 debuting next month. Then we had a Samsung executive confirm it. And now, there’s little surprise left other than to see what the actual device looks like. Oh wait, even that has happened thanks to an Italian blog site with numerous pictures of the purported 8-inch Android tablet.
Dday.it has four images showing the slate and if you expected something other than a blown-up Galaxy S III, you’ll be sorely disappointed. That’s exactly what the device in the photos looks like, complete with the same bezel, hardware home button, camera placement and, interestingly, speaker for phone calls. Yes, there’s a speaker atop the screen for the device in question.
Just to recap what we think we know about the Galaxy Note 8.0, pieced together from various leaks:
- 8-inch Super Clear LCD with 1280 x 800 resolution
- 5 megapixel rear camera, 1.3 megapixel front camera
- 2 GB of memory, 16 GB of storage
- Android 4.2
- 1.6 GHz quad-core processor; likely a Samsung Exynos
- S-Pen and supporting software