You’ve heard the saying over and over again that “cloud computing saves costs.” But how does it save money? And can traditional enterprises benefit from its value like the giant web companies have done? In most cases of corporations “moving to the cloud,” certain technology assets will stay behind, and for good reasons, including legacy apps not architected for cloud and specific security and compliance concerns. Can the assets that stay behind shift to a private cloud and provide similar benefits to the public cloud?
In this GigaOM Pro analyst roundtable discussion, our experts will address these topics:
- Economic and strategic perspective of computing as a utility
- The value of reduced latency, geographic dispersion and flexible capacity planning
- Public versus private cloud economics and where conventional wisdom errs
- How to leverage new cloud business models
- How cloud technology and ecosystems will evolve over the next decade
Also, hear from Joe Weinman, the founder of cloudonomics, and take part in a Q&A with Joe on the topic.
- Paul Miller, founder, The Cloud of Data
- Jo Maitland, research director, Cloud, GigaOM Pro
- Dave Ohara, GigaOM Pro analyst and founder, GreenM3
- Joe Weinman, COO, Telx
Register here to join GigaOM Pro and our sponsor Telx for “Cloudonomics: making the cloud pay,” a free analyst roundtable webinar on Tuesday, Nov. 6, at 10 a.m. PT.