Continuous delivery has emerged as an important strategy for development teams to continuously build, test and deploy software through incremental change. This reduces the headaches associated with major software releases and allows business application owners to respond to new market opportunities quickly. But is it for enterprises accustomed to 6- to 12-month software release cycles? And does a traditional enterprise have to move to a devops organizational structure to get there?
In this analyst roundtable discussion, our panel of experts will discuss these topics and more:
- How can software teams prepare for continuous delivery?
- Is a devops organization essential to moving to a continuous-delivery model?
- What are the best practices for continuous delivery, and where do organizations typically struggle with it?
- Is application portability and cloud choice achievable in today’s cloud market?
- Adam Jacob, the co-founder of Opscode and the creator of Chef, will discuss how Private Chef is used as a foundation for continuous delivery.
Our panel of experts includes:
Register here to join GigaOM Pro analysts working in the devops field today along with our sponsor Opscode for “Continuous delivery: develop, deliver and deploy software on demand,” a free analyst roundtable on Thursday, Oct. 18, 2012, at 10 a.m. PDT.