We’re super excited to officially announce our second annual RoadMap conference, which will take place on November 5 in San Francisco, and is focused on design in the age of connectedness (get tickets here). Here is the big idea: with the data explosion and always-on connectedness, the world has become so complex, and design and UI are the keys to simplifying, and creating meaning from the connected landscape.
Our initial speaker lineup is packed with a lot of really great thought leaders, who will discuss their ideas around connected devices, new web designs, future platforms, like our bodies and our cars, and how the world will change when everything has a ubiquitous wireless connection. Here are some of our amazing speakers:
- Kevin Systrom, Co-founder, CEO of Instagram
- David Karp, Founder, CEO of Tumblr
- Yves Behar, Founder, Chief Designer of fuseproject
- Tony Fadell, Founder, CEO of Nest
- Evan Williams, CEO, The Obvious Corporation
- Scott Wilson, Founder, MINIMAL
- George Blankenship, VP Worldwide Sales and Ownership Experience at Tesla
- Steve Case, Chairman, CEO Revolution
- Oren Jacob, CEO ToyTalk
- Alex Ljung, Founder, CEO SoundCloud
- Paul Mascarenas, CTO Ford
We believe the intersection of connectedness and design is going to be a topic of discussion for a while, so we are creating an exclusive book (and e-book) for the attendees of the conference. We have invited many thought leaders and speakers to contribute to this handbook of the future.
Like the 2011 edition of Roadmap, there are limited amount of tickets (buy one early here). And if your company is interested in becoming one of our sponsors, please contact eventsales AT gigaom.com.