Interest in using Hadoop to process large data sets is growing fast. Enterprises are moving from proof of concepts to positioning Hadoop as a strategic platform, and with that comes a set of questions on how to harden it for mission-critical applications. Some companies are using Hadoop services in the cloud as a business-continuity and data-protection target for internal Hadoop clusters, while others start with data that’s already in the cloud and perform analysis on it there.
Register here to join GigaOM Pro and our sponsor MapR for “Considerations for Hadoop in the cloud,” a free analyst roundtable discussion on Wednesday, Aug. 15, 2012, at 10 a.m. PDT.
This webinar will dig into the drivers for Hadoop in the cloud as well as the benefits and potential pitfalls to watch out for when deploying Hadoop workloads in the cloud.
Some of the topics we will cover include:
- What are the use cases for Hadoop in the cloud?
- What are the challenges of deploying Hadoop in the cloud today?
- What are the future trends around big data and Hadoop in the cloud?
Our speakers include:
- Jo Maitland, Research Director, Cloud, GigaOM Pro
- Benjamin Woo, Managing Director, Neuralytix, Inc.; Analyst, GigaOM Pro
- Marc Staimer, President and Chief Dragon Slayer, Dragon Slayer Consulting; Analyst, GigaOM Pro
- Jack Norris, VP Marketing, MapR
Claim your spot here.