With so many people writing about Apple, finding the best stories and reports isn’t easy. Here’s our daily pick of stories about the company from around the Web that you shouldn’t miss:
- AllThingsD was in the courtroom for the testimony of Phil Schiller, Apple’s SVP of worldwide marketing, in the Samsung trial today. He revealed more details about Apple’s ambitions many years ago to transform itself from a computer company to something more, briefly considering ideas like making a camera or a car.
- Apple’s being forced to reveal this detail to defend its claim that Samsung copied the iPhone and iPad. But the trial is also forcing other Apple secrets to come to light, including customer data Samsung got its hands on during pre-trial discovery, CNET reports.
- There have been rumors that Apple might turn its iPod nano into a smartwatch. ZDNet thinks that’s a silly rumor, and a dumb idea for Apple anyway.
- Apple TV might have a new fan in Hulu, but CBS? Not so much. The Wrap reports that CBS still “isn’t sold” on Apple TV’s value as a distributor of its content.
- Have you noticed your MacBook’s battery life affected since the installation of OS X Mountain Lion? Ars Technica has, and says it’s not alone.