Fortune 500 companies are using Hadoop and big data technologies to transform their use of data for financial analysis, retail customer intelligence, IT operational insight, environmental and biomedical research, energy management, and even national security. But what results are they seeing? What have the early adopters of big data systems learned, and what business benefits have been realized from these investments?
Now that companies are starting to capture all of this data, translating it from the raw data source into information that makes sense to business users is no small task. This webinar will examine this issue and the techniques companies are using to generate meaningful business insights from big data.
We will discuss these topics and more:
- Customer examples of big data analytics
- What business benefits are customers seeing from big data implementations today?
- What were the challenges and how were they overcome?
- What are the next steps for the early adopters?
Our panel of experts includes:
- Jo Maitland, research director, Cloud, GigaOM Pro
- Tim Berglund, GigaOM Pro analyst, GigaOM Pro
- Paul Miller, founder, The Cloud of Data
- Krishnan Parasuraman, CTO – Digital Media, Big Data solutions, IBM Netezza