Five years ago we started bringing together the best technical minds and entrepreneurs in information technology to discuss at Structure how the growing importance of the cloud was changing their worlds. Now, it’s clear the cloud has arrived: but what impact will it continue to make on the hardware, software, and services industries that help businesses across the world continue to reap the benefits of this historic shift?
Today and tomorrow at Structure 2012, we’ll host a comprehensive and compelling discussion about these vital issues, bringing together some of the biggest and best companies and executives in the field alongside scrappy startups just waiting to make an impact.
Our livestream of the event can be found here and kicks off Wednesday, June 20th with opening remarks from conference co-hosts Om Malik, Stacey Higginbotham, and Derrick Harris at 8:30 a.m. PT. The festivities resume Thursday, June 21st at 8:50 a.m. PT.
We will be blogging the onstage sessions throughout both days and including all the links in this post. Please join the conversation on Twitter (use the #structureconf hashtag and follow @gigaom).
- Why CIOs are learning to stop worrying and love the cloud
- Security still the ‘No. 1 obstacle’ to cloud adoption
- The data center has blown up
- Real-time cloud juggling speeds flight to users
- VMware CTO: Say goodbye to the “server hugger”
- 4 things Werner Vogels sees in the next 5 years of cloud
- IBM’s Watson for “important” decisions where you need an advisor
- How Bromium lets bad guys in and still keeps data safe
- Google’s Pichai: Apps are the seed for a Chromebook future
- Cores in the cloud: Does brawny or wimpy win?
- Why building SaaS well means giving up your servers
- Fat databases, small pipes: The problem of data inertia
- Zynga CIO: “We need more innovation on power consumption”
- You think the internet is big now? Akamai needs to grow 100-fold
- How far is too far to invest? Your plane’s Wi-Fi may dictate new growth
- Like Netflix, Facebook is planning its own CDN
- Microsoft’s Nadella: We will democratize big data
- If AWS is the WalMart of cloud, is OpenStack the Soviet Union?
- Kundra: Democratizing data means a fundamental shift in power
- Enterprise CIOs: Have you met your ‘shadow IT’ department yet?
- Where in the world is my data center?
- Is OpenFlow an answer looking for a problem?
- Netflix exec: The master copy of our data is in the cloud
- When it comes to big data, don’t forget about video
- The infrastructure of the future will be programmed
- Vendor lock-in and the challenge to Platform as a Service
- 3 things I learned about Node.js at Structure 2012
- How dataflow powered Mozilla’s real-time download counter
- To SQL or to NoSQL: the database dilemma
- Box’s Aaron Levie: The recession has helped enterprise cloud adoption
- Will using Dropbox put your CEO in jail?