2 Comments

Summary:

According to a new survey by the Economist Intelligence Unit (commissioned by IT consulting giant Capgemini), corporate executives are starting to figure out that big data matters and how to leverage it, even if they haven’t fully come around on the concept.

infographics_V7

According to a new survey by the Economist Intelligence Unit (commissioned by IT consulting giant Capgemini), corporate executives are starting to figure out that big data matters and how to leverage it, even if they haven’t fully come around on the concept.

The surveyors questioned more than 600 C-level and other senior executives across the globe, finding that while they understand certain realities — such as the importance of valuable analysis versus sheer volume of data, and the increasing role of data to inform intuition — most respondents (55 percent) still don’t think their management teams view big data strategically enough.

They must draw a fairly broad distinction between traditional analytics and big data analytics, though. Many respondents noted the difficulty of dealing with unstructured data, and two-thirds still described their firms a being data-driven.

The full report is available at the link above, but the infographic below highlights the findings.

  1. Interesting findings at the C-level. A recent Informatica survey http://bit.ly/JCrzIs of IT professionals and business managers found that 70% of organizations are considering, planning, testing, or running big data projects. It also revealed that most (67 percent) view big data mostly as an opportunity, while the remaining 33 percent view it mostly as a challenge.

    Share
  2. Interesting findings at the C-level. A recent Informatica survey (http://bit.ly/JCrzIs) of IT professionals and business managers found that nearly 70 percent of organizations are considering, planning, testing, or running big data projects. The survey also revealed that 67% view big data mostly as an opportunity, while the remaining 33% view it mostly as a challenge.

    Share

Comments have been disabled for this post