– CNBC: Kevin Krim is CNBC’s new digital general manager, reporting to Mark Hoffman, president of CNBC (NSDQ: CMCSA). Krim comes from Bloomberg where he was global head of Bloomberg Digital, responsible for Bloomberg.com and BusinessWeek.com, as well as integrating the company’s TV, radio, news and data content into its digital services.
CNBC.com, under the direction of Meredith (NYSE: MDP) Stark, and Digital Products (CNBC PRO, Mobile and iTV teams) will report directly to Krim. Lou Tosto, SVP, CNBC Digital Sales, will be a dotted-line report to Krim and work very closely with him on Digital’s revenue strategy. Scott Drake will continue to lead CNBC’s Technology organization reporting to Hoffman.
– NYT: Marc Frons is now chief information officer of The New York Times Company (NYSE: NYT), succeeding Joseph Seibert. Frons joined the company in 2006 as CTO of digital operations for The New York Times Media Group. Prior to this, he was VP and CTO of Dow Jones (NSDQ: NWS) & Company’s consumer media group. He started his career as a journalist, having worked as a reporter and editor at Newsweek from 1979 to 1984.
– Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia: Laura Petasnick joins as VP of integrated sales for Martha Stewart Living, reporting to MSL Publisher Peter Medwid. Prior to MSLO, Petasnick was publisher of Prevention and Prevention.com at Rodale.
– Starz Entertainment: Ed Huguez was promoted to the new position of president of affiliate distribution for Starz Entertainment. He was most recently EVP of affiliate sales and marketing, a position he held since joining the company in 2004. Prior to Starz, he was president, CEO and chairman of Midstream Technologies.
– Media6Degrees: Elizabeth Hellman joins as CMO and Rob Macdonald is now VP of business development. Hellman was previously VP of corporate marketing for Allow Media + Marketing. Macdonald, who had held senior roles at Google (NSDQ: GOOG), most recently was SVP of business development at Scribd.