Here is a round-up of some of the latest executive-level hirings and exits in the world of digital media business…
– Twitter: Two Google (NSDQ: GOOG) birds hired with one stone – Google Asia display ad sales head Shailesh Rao is joining Twitter as international revenue VP from San Francisco, while Stephen McIntyre joins from Google’s international self-serve ads team in Ireland to direct Twitter’s soon-to-launch self-serve online sales and operations from Dublin. Via AllThingsD.
– Shazam: The audio-ID app names former AOL (NYSE: AOL) and Last.fm sales executive Miles Lewis (pictured) its new UK and Europe ad sales VP – an indication it wants to do more advertising inside its free Shazam app and to encourage marketers to Shazam-enable their TV ads.
– Pearson: Financial Times deputy communications director Tom Glover has moved up to direct communications in the technology group at the paper’s parent Pearson (NYSE: PSO) group.
– Condé Nast: The magazine publisher names L’Oreal Brazil luxury products VP Alexandre Frota as MD of Edições Globo Condé Nast, its publishing JV with Globo, Latin America’s largest media company.
– BBC: In a restructure of the PR team which sees several exits from the team covering future media, team leader Matt Phillips has joined SparkPR. In place, Sophie Brendel moves over to be head of digital communications, while Christian Ward and Ian Walker join the BBC as digital publicists.