Traditional DBAs are seeing their database vendors rush into the NoSQL market, underscoring the hot trend in enterprise IT of using big data to drive businesses in new ways. Over the past decade, relational databases have relied on “scale up” architectures (buying bigger, more powerful machines) to handle increased workloads. However, the demands of big data are introducing problems that relational databases simply were not designed to handle, no matter how big the machine. Instead, enterprises are turning to “scale out” NoSQL solutions, which has resulted in Oracle’s, Microsoft’s and IBM’s all getting into the big data game.
This webinar will examine what the tech giants are doing in the NoSQL market, where startups are leading the charge, and how enterprising DBAs can take advantage of this new technology to advance their careers.
Topics of discussion:
- NoSQL readiness for the enterprise. What is on the horizon for NoSQL?
- Case studies of companies that are utilizing big data and NoSQL technology in the business world
- Biggest challenges of incorporating big data and NoSQL into complex IT environments
Our panel of experts includes:
- Mike Wolf, VP of Research, GigaOM Pro
- Billy Bosworth, CEO, DataStax
- Jo Maitland, Research Director, Cloud, GigaOM Pro
- Mark Staimer, Analyst, GigaOM Pro; President, Dragon Slayer Consulting