Vevo clocked 3.6 billion video views globally in October and is expected to have reached 3.7 billion views worldwide in November, the major label-owned music video platform announced today. In December 2009, that number was at 341 million views.
Vevo also was able to achieve significant growth within the U.S. as well as on mobile platforms, but all those music videos didn’t come cheap. Here are some key metrics for the platform:
- In the U.S. alone, Vevo delivered 827 million video streams to 57 million unique viewers in October.
- The average Vevo viewer watches 14.5 videos on the site a month, spending 66 minutes to do so.
- Vevo’s mobile apps have been downloaded more than 13 million times.
- Vevo had 3.9 million active users for its mobile apps in October, with Android being the platform with the most engagement. Mobile viewers spent 55 minutes on average with the apps in October.
- Vevo’s catalog includes more than 300 episodes of original music programming, which have been watched around 200 million times.
- Vevo now has a staff of more than 120 people.
- The company has paid more than $100 million in royalties to artists, labels and publishers, according to a report from the Los Angeles Times.