As more and more organizations consider moving their IT infrastructure to the cloud, it is critical to understand the security risks and also the opportunities of cloud computing. It is now a nonnegotiable requirement for these organizations to develop and execute a comprehensive risk assessment framework as they upload valuable business information, mission critical applications and real-time business workflow and process into a cloud environment. At the same time, cloud services represent a new opportunity to re-architect and potentially even fortify corporate security. This webinar will examine the biggest cloud security risks, talk about how companies can comprehensively assess risk and ultimately create a more secure cloud IT environment.
Join GigaOM Pro and our sponsor CenturyLink for “The secure cloud,” a free analyst roundtable webinar on Wednesday, Nov. 9, 2011, at 10:00 a.m. PDT.
Some of the topics we’ll discuss include:
- Assessing security trade-offs and advantages from cloud-based IT infrastructure
- Designing a risk assessment framework
- Extending virtualized and cloud-based security services off your premises
- Implementing cost-effective threat-management services
We’ve assembled a panel of experts, including:
- Michael Dortch – GigaOM Pro Analyst, Principal Analyst and Managing Editor, DortchOnIT.com
- Richard Stiennon – GigaOM Pro Analyst, Chief Research Analyst, IT-Harvest
- Larry Walsh – GigaOM Pro Analyst, President, The 2112 Group
Register today for this free analyst roundtable webinar, sponsored by CenturyLink.
Photo courtesy of Flickr user Jill Clardy