– *ESPN* Deportes: Freddy Rolón has been promoted to VP of ESPN (NYSE: DIS) Deportes Programming and Business Initiatives. He’ll lead the ESPN Deportes programming team while retaining responsibility for the ESPN Deportes Radio and the ESPN DeportesLA.com businesses, and report to Lino Garcia, General Manager of ESPN Deportes. Most recently, he was senior director II, ESPN Deportes Radio and Business Initiatives, where he was part of the launch team behind ESPN’s local sites.
– Underdog Media: Jeff Hirsch joins online marketing company Underdog Media as CEO. Previously president of AudienceScience, he’ll stay on the ad targeting firm’s board of directors. Earlier in his career, he founded Fastclick which was eventually sold to ValueClick (NSDQ: VCLK), where he later served in multiple executive roles.
– Vindico: Former NBCUniversal (NSDQ: CMCSA) VP of sales Jes Santoro has signed on as SVP of sales. Three sales execs — from DoubleClick, SocialVibe and AdoTube — also join the team: Brooke Horlick, Nicole Early and Cole Fische.
– Compass Labs: Kevin Weafer was recently promoted to VP, National Sales Director, a new position for the company. He’ll manage sales efforts across the U.S., including growing overall revenue, managing the U.S. sales team and overseeing premium partnerships. Prior to joining Compass Labs he was VP, Business Development at BzzAgent.
– RLM Finsbury: Edward Adler has joined RLM Finsbury as partner. Most recently, he was senior partner heading MediaLink’s Strategic Communications practice. Prior to that, he was EVP of corporate communications at Time Warner (NYSE: TWX) Inc.
– Spin Media: Three music journalists have joined editorial staff: Caryn Ganz will take on the new title of editor-in-chief for online, Christopher R. Weingarten will join as a senior editor, and David Bevan will serve as an associate editor. Ganze replaces Online Editor Mark Bautz. She’ll report to Editorial Director Charles Aaron and work closely with Digital General Manager Jeff Rogers on a redesign of the site that is planned for early 2012. Weingarten is former editor of the website Paper Thin Walls and Bevan comes from Pitchfork, where he was a staff writer.