– MSN UK: Former BBC News interactive head Pete Clifton, who is now MSN UK’s exec producer, is hiring BBC Wales’ social media editor Darren Waters (pictured) away to be his head of devices and social media, “building and maintaining thriving communities of users in key MSN channels and on leading social media sites”. This was Waters’ second stint at the BBC, between which he had become MD of Monument PR.
– HuffPo: Former Metro.co.uk content head Stephen Hull is HuffPo UK’s new media editor, Peter Guest is its new business editor, Press Gazette reports.
– BBC Worldwide: Former BBC News site technology editor Jon Fildes, who worked with Waters on the tech desk and lately has managed correspondents’ blogs, writes: “Happy to say I’ve accepted a new job – at BBC.com – launching a new project in 2012. Very excited. I’ll be looking for writers soon.”
– Populis: Walter Bonanno is the new Italy advertising director for the blog network and semi-pro content creation network, which owns Blogo, Excite Europe and Blogosfere. Bonanno was head of sales at Publikompass.
– Haymarket: News International’s search engineering head Drew Broomhall will be helping magazine publisher Haymarket’s business and editorial strategy from January 2, including on WhatCar?, Pistonheads, Stuff, Autosport, What Hi-Fi?, Sound and Vision and Autocar. Release.