– BuyWithMe: The New York-based daily deals site has hired Jim Crowley as its president and CEO according to AllThingsD. Crowley was previous president and CEO of Turbine. Cheryl Rosner stepped down from the post of CEO last December.
– Maya Entertainment: The company has appointed Mark Sonnenberg as COO. Reporting to Co-Chairman and CEO Moctesuma Esparza and Co-Chairman Jeff Valdex, Sonnenberg will lead day-to-day operations, with a focus on content acquisitions and business development. With a background primarily in TV, he previously worked with FX, Fox Movies and E!. Solomon “Sol” Trujillo and Bill Lee join as well, having become board members. Trujillo recently was CEO of Australia’s Telstra Corp and Lee previously worked with Millenium Entertainment.
- Baynote Former SAP executive Doug Merritt has been named president and CEO, effective immediately. He replaces Mike Backlund, who will continue to work with Baynote as SVP of Worldwide Field Operations. At SAP, Merritt was EVP of global on demand applications. Baynote also announced it has raised $13 million in a third round of funding.
– AdReady: Two Microsoft (NSDQ: MSFT) alums join the team: Matt Carr has signed on as SVP of product and business development and Randy Wootton as SVP of sales, service and marketing. Carr was previously GM of display advertising at Microsoft, where he was responsible for the Microsoft Media Network. Wooton was VP of global search and online marketplace at Microsoft, where he was instrumental in operationalizing Microsoft’s search alliance agreement with Yahoo.
– PCWorld | MacWorld: Mark Goodrich has joined the IDG-owned company as SVP/GM of digital media, reporting to Mike Kisseberth, president and CEO, PCWorld | Macworld. A former Thomson Reuters (NYSE: TRI) executive, Goodrich was VP of product development and strategy for Reuters Media. Prior to that he led business, product and mobile offerings for BusinessWeek.com.