I might be a little biased, but I think the program for our upcoming Net:Work 2010 conference, where we’ll be discussing the human cloud and the future of work, is looking fantastic. One of the things I’m most looking forward to, though, is the Future Ideas Launchpad, where we’ll highlight the companies and products that are seizing the opportunities in the human cloud.
Attendees of previous GigaOM events, like our Mobilize, Structure and Green:Net conferences, will probably be familiar with the format: Startups pitch their products on stage to a judging panel and the audience, which can vote for favorite contestants via SMS. For the Future Ideas Launchpad, we’ve accepted entries from some more established businesses, rather than only allowing entrants who launch their products at the event to qualify.
After much deliberation, we’ve whittled a very strong field of entries down to our eight finalists. Drum roll, please!
- Cohuman is an intelligent workspace for coordinating people and projects that promotes transparency and accountability in communications, allowing teams to get things done more efficiently.
- Egnyte Hybrid Cloud File Server delivers critical business infrastructure: online storage, backup, file sharing and collaboration. LAN speeds and offline synchronization guarantee businesses the fastest, most reliable data access.
- Mainsoft brings document collaboration to every business user by transforming the email client into a collaboration and social workspace.
- Rypple builds social software that makes feedback and coaching easy.
- TimeTrade gives sales, marketing and service teams a powerful, hassle-free way to book more meetings with prospects and customers through one-step appointment scheduling.
- TokBox is a leading Web video communications provider. The TokBox Platform enables Websites to integrate live, group video chat into their online experience.
- WANTED Technologies provides business intelligence for the talent marketplace, helping recruiting organizations make better decisions faster with real-time insight on jobs, employers and talent.
- WatchDox allows companies to control and track sensitive documents – wherever they go.
The finalists will all be presenting on the Net:Work stage at the Mission Bay Conference Center on Dec. 9. In honor of our Launchpad 8, we’re offering discounted tickets. Register via this link and you’ll get a $100 discount off the regular price of $595 (applies to new registrations only). See you in San Francisco in December!