Silicon Valley Rocks will take place on Wednesday, Dec. 1, 2010 at the Great American Music Hall in San Francisco. The showcase will raise money for Music in Schools Today.
- Lucid Mechanism. A sonic experience that gracefully abuses the preconceptions of live electronic music. Tech affiliations: Pyramind, Ex’pression College, Apple
- Sid Luscious and the Pants. Maximum new wave: the greatest 80’s band there never was. Tech affiliations: MOG, Gracenote, Rhapsody, Liquid Audio & IODA
- The Hot Toddies. Oakland’s sweethearts, The Hot Toddies mix 1950s beach pop with indie rock riffs. Tech affiliations: SAY Media
- The Open Source Band. SV’s original cover band featuring vocalist Randi Zuckerberg. Tech affiliations: Facebook, Quova, Walden Venture Capital, AmpliFIND Music Services
- Ingar Brown and the Future Funk. Funk, hip-hop, soul, dance and R&B all wrapped up in an eclectic box that’s ready to get any party started. Brown was on the short list for a Grammy nomination in 2009. Tech affiliations: Mashery
- Sonic Love Tonic. Second place winners at the Emergenza Battle of the Bands in 2009. Tech affiliations: Dogster, CBSi (CNET)
- Rubbersidedown. Radio-friendly, 70s hard rock with an alluring rough edge. Tech affiliations: Oracle, The Loomis Group, Advent Software
- Coverflow. Energetic and fun cover band who has made the tech-party circuit. Tech affiliations: Mayfield, Facebook, Blippy, Dropbox
Friends of GigaOM can save $5 on VIP or regular tickets when you register here.