– *Activision* Blizzard: Marketing and ads vet Eric Hirshberg has been named CEO of Activision (NSDQ: ATVI) Publishing, effective September 7. He assumes the position from Mike Griffith, who was promoted to vice chairman of Activision Blizzard, and will report to the company’s COO, Thomas Tippl. Hirshberg comes from Deutsch LA where he served as CEO and chief creative officer.
– Fox Sports Interactive Media: Rick Jaffe has been promoted to SVP and editor-in-chief, from SVP and executive producer. Prior to this 10-year tenure with Fox, Jaffe was executive sports editor of The LA Times and earlier, deputy managing editor of sports, photo and graphics at the Chicago Sun-Times.
– Texas Tribune: Two new hires at the non-profit news site: April Hinkle joins as director of business development and Shadi Afshar is now audience development manager. Hinkle previously spent 21 years at Texas Monthly, most recently as publisher. Afshar was a senior consultant at Deloitte Consulting.
– Gannett: Craig Etheridge has been named VP of mobile ad sales for Gannett (NYSE: GCI) Digital. His last post was VP of emerging platform sales at The Weather Channel.
– AudienceScience: Alanna Clark has joined in the new post of VP of strategic partnerships. Most recently, she was director of business development at AdMeld.