…With an earnest young editor, too polished for his own good. Except this isn’t a sketch, it is real. BusinessWeek under Bloomberg, brilliantly dubbed Bloomberg BusinessWeek, is relaunching the magazine on Apr 23rd, and it has released a preview as a series of short videos from its new-ish editor-in-chief Josh Tyrangiel. And to help its “readers” navigate the radically new concept of a business mag, I have taken some notes below:
– “They come to us with needs.” No, they don’t. Get over yourself.
– “The mission of our 1700 reporters around the globe is to curate that world for you, to tell you what’s important, to tell you why you need to know about it, and what action you need to be prepared to take to compete in the weed ahead.” 1700 reporters? OK, so now all Bloomberg reporters worldwide work for Josh? Sure they’re happy to hear this.
– “Our aim at Bloomberg BusinessWeek is to be your one-stop shop for business news.” Delusions of granduer in a distributed news world? That too in a weekly print magazine?
– “The most important new feature of the new Bloomberg BusinessWeek is that it is comprehensive…it is genuinely comprehesive.” Whoa, that’s deep.
– “All of them have a point of view; all of them answer the question: ‘why do I need to read this right now’.” Except it is a week old.
– “Our mission, when we say comprehensive, is really to serve the whole business person.” I am complete now.
Who’s ready for MoreClarity, MoreEnergy, MoreImpact? I am. Can’t wait to pick up the copy on Apr 23rd.