– Kevin Anderson: Guardian.co.uk’s blogs editor, who has been working on pre-election online planning lately and previous worked on the BBC News site, is taking voluntary redundancy, intending to work on journalism and social media projects.
– EMI: Terra Firma chief Guy Hands is appointing turnaround specialist Peter Williams to the board of Maltby, the company used to finance the purchase of the label, which is seeking £120 million to avoid breaching loan covenants. The recorded-music division is prepping another new business plan, FT.com says.
– T-Mobile CMO: Ahead of the Orange merger, UK chief marketer Srini Gopalan is moving to rival Vodafone (NYSE: VOD) UK as consumer business director, replacing Ian Shepherd. Via DMEurope.
– FT’s MGA ed: Financial Times has named managing editor Dan Bogler president and editor of Medley Global Advisors (MGA), the investment bank info service it bought this month. He’s charged with expanding the service outside its native U.S.
– Archant: The regional news publisher is adding Ogilvy & Maher’s Africa director Mike Walsh to its board as a non-exec director. Archant says Walsh raised over £100 million in aid as chair of the UK Disasters Emergency Committee – so no jokes about newspapers being a charity case, please.