Here are a couple of ways to be more efficient when it comes to sharing your photos online from events. Like most web workers, you’re probably on many different social networks. How do you share those great photos from the event with all of your contacts on all of your social networks, without having to log in to each one separately?
Fortunately, there are ways to automate the process of cross-posting photos to many different services at one time.
One of the best ways to broadcast your photos is via Flickr. It’s very simple to set up, and the results will save you a great deal of time. You’ll be able to send any photo from your mobile device to your Flickr account via email, and it will then automatically send a link to that photo on Twitter and Facebook at the same time, if you choose to do so. To set up Flickr to automatically share photos with your contacts on Facebook and Twitter:
- Login to Flickr
- Go to your account settings: http://www.flickr.com/account
- Click Extending Flickr
- Next to “Your Facebook account” click the “Link Your Accounts” link, which will allow you to connect your Flickr and Facebook accounts. This doesn’t mean photos will be stored in your Facebook Photo albums; it’ll just post a message in your friends’ newsfeeds with a link to the photo in your Flickr account.
- Now connect Flickr to Twitter by going here.
6. Click the “Go to Twitter to Authorize” button which will display the following screen that will allow you to connect both of your accounts.
After this step, you will also be able to post links to any Flickr photo to your Twitterstream via the “Blog This” option on your photos on Flickr.
That’s all there is to it. As easy as 1 (Flickr), 2 (Twitter), 3 (Facebook)!
Posterous allows you to accomplish the same thing, and more. Not only can you automatically share a photo on Flickr, Twitter and Facebook with a single upload, but you can also post it to other services such as Tumblr, Picasa and popular blogging platforms. Another useful feature is the ability to pick and choose which services you want to post your photo to, just by using unique email addresses. Here are some of the most popular ones:
- email@example.com (for any blog)
If you use firstname.lastname@example.org then the photo will go to all of the accounts you’ve set up in your Posterous account. You can also create combination emails to send the photo to any combination of services you want, such as email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and so on.
Whether for work or play, connecting your online services will save you a lot of time. It can very easily become point, click and share everywhere online.
What services do you use for sending photos to multiple social networks?