Google (s goog) has changed its policy around trademarked ad words. In essence, if you’re an online store selling Steve Madden shoes, you can now use the trademark in Google ads. More details on the Google Adwords Blog. Not everyone is happy about this and are fighting Google. What it really means: Google will do anything to keep its revenues growing.
- Buying Verizon’s landline business is injurious to your financial health (The Wall Street Journal blog)
- Do web entrepreneurs still need venture capitalists. (The New York Times’ Bits Blogs)
- Is SAP’s sustainability push years ahead of its time?
- Medialets get backing from Foundry Group.
- Slacker raises $10 million, taking its total VC funds to $68 million. Mission Ventures, Austin Ventures & Sevin Rosen are backers of the portable music device company.
Notable Web App Tip: