– Bauer Media: Paul Wright has been appointed director of digital media at magazine group Bauer Media, 10 months after leaving his executive role at Sky Digital. Wright will now be responsible for the online commercial and editorial activities of the company’s lifestyle brands, including FHM and Grazia. He reports to group MD for digital Tony Kypreos. Via Mediaweek.
– Publicis: A raft of changes at French communications group Publicis: executive chairman of Publicis Worldwide Oliver Fleurot becomes CEO of the group’s PR and events divisions and COO of Worldwide Richard Pinder will now lead the group’s main marketing network and join the company’s P12 global management board. The company says it is still reoganising itself following the departure of marketing services chief John Farrell last summer. Release.
– Kinetic cuts: Outdoor marketing agency Kinetic, 50 percent owned by the WPP group, is making a series of redundancies including three senior managers. Head of international and airports Jonathan Goldsmid-Whyte is on the way out, as are regional division MD Richard Blackburn and director of digital and creative Ivan Clark. The remaining 50 percent of the business, which provides outdoor ads for WPP agencies including GroupM and Starcom, is owned by Kinetic’s management. WPP is expected to cut 7,200 jobs this year, or six percent of its workforce. From Mediaweek.
– AOP chair: Bauer Media’s head of digital sales Kurt Edwards has been appointed chair of the AOP’s commercial committee, taking over the role from ITV’s Gary Cole. The committee, consisting of digital executive from major publishers, meets to discuss online commercial strategy and issues affecting all members such as research. Release.
– Blinkbox: The VOD site has appointed former Sky Media head of online sales Scott Deutrom to the new role of director of advertising and sponsorship. He joins after four months at ad network Vibrant Media The site has also appointed Ana Iglesias, formely head of e-commerce for the now defunct Zavvi retail chain, as its first MD. From Mediaweek.