– Pact: The Producers Association for Cinema and TV trade group has added a membership category for online-specific content producers. Pact campaigns on members’ behalf for improved rights and is offering new and existing members services tailored to assist with digital productions as legal advice. Release. More after the jump…
– Disney-Johnson & Johnson: Disney (NYSE: DIS) is making a 10-part mini-soap opera promoting health care company Johnson & Johnson’s Clean & Clear brand. The three-minute episodes will be shown in the UK, Russia, Greece, Portugal, Spain, Hungary and South Africa via branded channels on sites such as YouTube, Bebo and Mail.ru. Via NMA.
– Bebo: The social network has signed partnerships with several established European brands that will give it stronger European presence. The company is popular in the UK and Ireland, but has struggled to make headway in central Europe so far. The deals, accompanying a series of language roll-outs, are with: RTL-owned video site Clipfish in Germany; Telecom Italia-owned VOD portal Yalp in Italy and movie news site Filmtrailer across the continent. Bebo is also adding content across the site from film and TV site AlloCine. The company hired Nicole Vanderbilt from Google (NSDQ: GOOG) in September to work on European expansion. Release.
– 7Digital-Songbird: The MP3 store has signed up to integrate its catalogue of six million tracks with the Songbird music client, allowing European and US users to buy tracks from within the application. Prices will be set at local rates, corresponding to the normal 7Digital prices, and the companies say “a proportion” of the revenue generated will go towards developing songbird.
– France VOD: Viewing figures for online VOD sites almost doubled in France last year, according to the Centre National de la Cinématographie. It found that while DVD sales fell 2.1 percent to 128 units in the country last year, revenue from VOD rose 84 percent to