– Project Kangaroo: *CBS* Interactive’s longtime CTO and SVP Mark Kortekaas has joined Project Kangaroo, a UK VOD platform similar to Hulu, as CTO. Kortekaas, at CBS (NYSE: CBS) since 2000, left in September, just a couple of months after CBS bought CNET. Kortekaas had development oversight of CBS.com, CBSNews.com and CBS.Sportsline.com. The new job was announced as part of Project Kangaroo’s effort to show it’s well positioned despite the surprise departure of CEO Ashley Highfield. The team will be led by interim CEO Rod Henwood, with Kortekaas and new CFO Christine Mullin.
– Nielsen: The Nielsen Co. has promoted EVP Susan Whiting to vice chairperson, working with chairman and CEO David Calhoun. Whiting joined Nielsen Media Research in 1978 and in 2007 was appointed chairman of that division as well as EVP-marketing for all Nielsen business units. Release.
– CNNMoney.com: Liberty Carras has been hired as SVP-sales. She was most recently VP-sales at *Microsoft*’s DRIVEpm and earlier, managed agency partnerships at LookSmart.
– Newsweek: Geoff Reiss has signed on as Newsweek magazine’s GM for Newsweek Digital. He had been chief executive at Associated Content and previously was at ESPN (NYSE: DIS). Release.
The rest is after the jump…
– OWN: Entertainment exec Jeffrey Meier joins The Oprah Winfrey Network as its SVP-scheduling, acquisitions and strategy, reporting to president Robin Schwartz. In addition to overseeing acquisitions, Meier will collaborate on original programming and manage content for other program platforms. He comes from TV One, having previously worked with Lionsgate Entertainment and *Sony* Pictures Digital Entertainment, among others. Release.
– Worldwide Biggies: Steve Tucker joins the family-oriented entertainment studio in the new position of chief revenue officer. Prior to joining WWB, he was VP-brand integration at in-game ads and media company IGA Worldwide, and earlier was senior director at Atari.
– FierceMarkets: COO Sean Griffey has been upped to take on the role of president, effective Jan. 1. He joined the online B2B company in 2005 and became COO in 2006. Prior to FierceMarkets, he was a strategy consultant for A.T. Kearney and PricewaterhouseCoopers. Release.
– Incisive Media: ClickZ’s parent network has promoted Matthew McGowan to the post of VP and publisher for its digital marketing businesses, including ClickZ, Search Engine Watch and the Search Engine Strategies conferences series. He had been global VP-marketing since joining Incisive in 2006. Prior, he was VP-sales, marketing and operations for PropertyRoom.com. Release.
– Go Forward Media: A team of B2B execs have launched Go Forward Media to help magazine publishers organize their web-based and multi-platform rev streams. Dave J. Iannone left as managing director at Red 7 Media to serve as president of gthe Maryland-based firm. Paul Andrews has signed on as VP-eMedia sales development and Chris Herbert is VP-content and operations. Both come from Cygnus, where Andrews previously was VP-interactive sales and Herbert was associate publisher in the company’s Public Safety Group. Herbert, a firefighter, also co-founded Firehouse.com. Release.