– Penton Media: Former president and CEO of Thomson Financial will now take on the role of CEO at Penton Media as well as join its board of directors. Before serving in various management roles, including COO, at Thomson Financial, Rowlands ran the North American operation of FT Information. She succeeds John French, who resigned from the chief executive post in July but stayed on the company’s board. Release.
– LiveDeal: The company has made Mike Edelhart’s CEO status a permanent one. For three months, he had been leading the online classifieds site as interim CEO. Currently, he serves as an adviser to Infovell and chairman of the board of Olive Software. Prior to joining LiveDeal, Edelhart was CEO of Inman News. Release.
– Babelgum: Indie film vet Karol Martesko-Fenster has signed on as GM and publisher, according to Variety. Responsible for increasing acquisitions and partnerships, he’ll also manage the company’s online film festival and expand programming. Martesko-Fenster previously co-founded and served as publisher for indieWire and Filmmaker magazine.
– Tsavo Media: The new content delivery service has appointed Steve Schepke as GM. With years of Internet marketing experience, Schepkeis the former co-CEO of Proceed Interactive, a search and interactive marketing agency, and earlier founded Terra Firma Marketing. Release.
– Passenger: The on-demand customer collaboration provider has brought on Samantha Skey to take on the role of SVP of business development and GM of the eastern region. She joins from Alloy Media + Marketing, where she served as EVP of strategic marketing.