An onscreen keyboard can be a powerful tool for screencasters. This tutorial will show you how to turn on the onscreen keyboard that OS X has built in.
To turn on the onscreen keyboard:
- Go to the System Preferences panel
- Select the “International” icon
- Go to the “Input Menu” tab
- Select the “Keyboard Viewer”
- You now should have an American flag in your menu bar. Click on the American flag and select “Show Keyboard Viewer”
- You now should have a keyboard on your desktop that displays whatever your press on your keyboard. Quick, easy, free!
* If you click the plus arrow in the upper left hand corner of the keyboard it makes it much larger.