Today Apple released its 2.1 software update for the iPhone. The get the update, just connect your iPhone and fire up iTunes.
Some of the more significant updates/fixes in this update:
- Decrease in call set-up failures and dropped calls
- Significantly better battery life for most users
- Dramatically reduced time to backup to iTunes
- Improved email reliability, notably fetching email from POP and Exchange accounts
- Faster installation of 3rd party applications
- Fixed bugs causing hangs and crashes for users with lots of third party applications
- Improved performance in text messaging
- Faster loading and searching of contacts
- Improved accuracy of the 3G signal strength display
- Repeat alert up to two additional times for incoming text messages
- Option to wipe data after ten failed passcode attempts
- Genius playlist creation
According to iLounge, if the new Genius feature is not showing up for you after the update you can just manually sync the iPhone and it should solve the issue.
Let us know if you run in to any problems with the update or if you notice the fixes addresses issues you were having.