Reunited and it feels so good … some more details on today’s announcement that Apple (NSDQ: AAPL) and NBCU are best friends again:
– As part of its back-to-Apple publicity, NBCU will offer one free download from each of its top series — in standard or HD — during the next two weeks.
– NBCU networks on iTunes now include NBC, USA Network, SCI FI Channel, Bravo, Sleuth and NBC News with programming from Oxygen, Telemundo, Mun2 and NBC Sports to come.
– A la Hulu, NBC’s fall premieres of new shows will be on iTunes a week before TV.
– Vintage series with episodes at $.99 a pop include The A-Team, The Alfred Hitchcock Hour, Miami Vice, Kojak and, drum roll, the original Battlestar Galactica.
– The exec statements are as close to kissy-face as these two can get. Zucker calls it “terrific news for everyone who loves television and the ease and convenience of Apple’s iTunes” while Jobs, who downplayed the value of NBC’s programming during the dispute, is “thrilled that NBC is back on iTunes in time for the Fall TV season. NBC has some of TV’s most popular shows and now customers can purchase and download them from iTunes in SD or stunning HD.