– LA Times: Having operated without an ad sales head since February, the LA Times has appointed a new EVP and chief revenue officer, Scott McKibben. Marking new Times Publisher Eddy Hartenstein’s first major move, the company hopes McKibben will help boost flagging ad revs. Most recently, he was president and publisher of the Gazette in Colorado Springs and VP of Freedom Communications’ central region. Release.
– Politicker: The politics-focused site has poached rival Politico’s associate publisher, Waldo Tibbetts, to take on the same role, WSJ reports. Tibbetts was with Politico since the spring of 2007, shortly after its founding. He previously worked in ad sales for Washingtonpost.NewsweekInteractive.
– 24/7 Real Media: A slew of promotions at 24/7… Ari Bluman has been upped to president-North America sales and ops from VP of the division, Kris Heinrichs has been promoted to CFO from SVP and global controller, and Jon Greenwood is now corporate VP-global ops, having previously served as VP, product manager-internal systems. Brian Lesser is now GM-media innovation group and Nicolle Pangis has been named VP-global media and technology product management, while Irene Bondar rounds out the exec promotions as VP-product development. Just a few weeks ago, the company upped COO Jonathan Hsu to CEO when David Moore stepped down from the position. Release.
More after the jump…
– Glam Media: Christine McNicholas is joining the company as VP-sales for the midwest region. McNicholas has over 15 years of sales and marketing experience, having most recently served as EVP-sales and services at Dotomi. Release.
– About.com: Frank Minishak is joining the Eastern region sales team as VP. With more than 20 years of ad sales experience, he was most recently VP-digital sales at Madison Square Garden and earlier, a regional sales director for AOL (NYSE: TWX). Release.