1 Comment

Summary:

Back in June, News Corp (NYSE: NWS). announced, along with PE firm Permira, plans to acquire the remaining share of DRM and conditional acce…

Back in June, News Corp (NYSE: NWS). announced, along with PE firm Permira, plans to acquire the remaining share of DRM and conditional access firm NDS, that it did not already own. The original offer was $60 per NDS share, or $3.6 billion in total. Today the companies have announced a final agreement, valuing NDS’ NASDAQ-traded shares at $63 each. Subsequent to closure, Permira will own 51 percent of the company, with News Corp. owning the remaining 49 percent. Full details in the release.

You’re subscribed! If you like, you can update your settings

  1. Are they doing this with any of the DJ assets like Factiva that don't seem to be core to corps? While generating cash, Factiva is in a vulnerable competitive position due to technological advances, low margins and non-strategic fit with the rest of New Corps…ideas?

Comments have been disabled for this post