7 Comments

Summary:

We have recently written about a flurry of Russian online deals, and this is among the bigger ones that have happened in the last year or so…

We have recently written about a flurry of Russian online deals, and this is among the bigger ones that have happened in the last year or so: Google has bought contextual advertising company ZAO Begun from it parent, the internet portal Rambler, for about $140 million. Rambler currently owns 50.1 percent of Begun..under this deal, it would first buy the remaining 49.9 percent stake from Bannatyne Limited and then sell the entire firm to Google (NSDQ: GOOG). Rambler

  1. Robert Andrews Friday, July 18, 2008

    You can see why Russia is an attractive market to buy in to. eMarketer forecasts the online population will be Europe's second largest, at 40 million, by end of this year, and the ad market is expected to double to $685 million.
    http://www.emarketer.com/Article.aspx?id=1005901
    http://blog.quintura.com/2008/02/06/russian-internet-advertising-market-to-grow-to-685-million-in-2008/

    Share
  2. and good timing too as the pace here in U.S. slows down, other economies are picking up. i think Google's acquisition is the first major one from a U.S. powerhouse there…

    Share
  3. There are millions of Russians using Rambler all over the world. Russian community in the USA is about 8 million strong, so the advedrtizing on Rambler will likely be targetting thos abroad too.
    With that said, Russia is picking up the pace pretty quickly, with the businesses popping like mushromms after the rain.

    Share
  4. great deal, Russian market has great potential and this investment makes perfect sense

    Share
  5. Great express. Google started its big purchases, just buy digg.

    Share
  6. Oh ,Yes,Google purchasedPromote the development of factory of U.S.A. process, very much loud contribution.

    Share
  7. Now Russian Internet marketplace grow as rocket, so its great deal for investments.

    Share

Comments have been disabled for this post