1 Comment

Summary:

Update: Communications minister A Raja said on Friday that the government was looking at solutions offered by third parties to address secur…

Update: Communications minister A Raja said on Friday that the government was looking at solutions offered by third parties to address security concerns associated with Blackberry. These statements come even after the Telecom secretary had stated that RIM (NSDQ: RIMM) was all clear. As of now, the argument continues…

After months of hardball the DoT seems to have had a change of heart. ET reports that Canada based Research In Motion, the manufacturers of Blackberry, have been given the clean chit on security concerns by the DoT. Telecom Secretary Siddharth Behura had these deep words of insight “People are buying Blackberry. There is no threat from Blackberry services.”

We had previously covered the DoT voicing concerns that terrorists might be using Blackberry’s to plot activities. RIM had expressed an inability to provide a master-key which would decrypt data or shift servers to India to help the rise of Big Brother. The change of heart could be a realization that there are more pressing security concerns than emails. Probably realization of the fact that Blackberry sporting terrorists are only seen in Bond flicks and trained pigeons are just as lethal a means of communication might have made the Government ease its stand. Regardless, this ends month’s of debate and newsprint with RIM managing to hold its ground.

You’re subscribed! If you like, you can update your settings

  1. This is another example of how corrupt the politicians are.

    You can get away with anything as long as you pump some money to them!

Comments have been disabled for this post