Summary:

No, the Weather Channel deal hasn’t yet been finalized, but an almost-namesake has been sold in Australia: Fairfax Digital, the digital medi…

No, the Weather Channel deal hasn’t yet been finalized, but an almost-namesake has been sold in Australia: Fairfax Digital, the digital media arm of Fairfax Media, has acquired a 75 percent stake in The Weather Company, the owner of popular Australian weather site weatherzone.com.au. The company founder Mark Hardy retains the remaining 25 percent share and is being retained in the role of Managing Director. Besides its own site, the company, founded in 1998, provides data to Network Ten, ABC, Elders, Ninemsn and AGL.

By Rafat Ali

You're subscribed! If you like, you can update your settings

Related stories

Comments have been disabled for this post