jkOTR reader Nomo shot us a note this morning on a new Fujitsu Tablet PC coming soon. GottaBeMobile picked up on the T5010 which apparently was outed by the Virginia Tech bookstore, of all places! The exact CPU isn’t yet clear, but it will be a 45 nm processor that has to be available for devices by August because that’s when VT students can pick up their new 13.3-inch WXGA tablet. The pre-order price of $1,999 might not be the final price for non-students, and you have to factor in that this is a package price: i.e.: it includes an HP Deskjet F4180 Printer/Scanner/Copier and some cables. Hopefully, we all pay the same price and the Tablet without the all-in-one Deskjet comes in aournd $1,700 to $1,800. Regardless of price, there’s some decent specs here although at 4.4-pounds, this might teeter on the brink of heaviness for some:
- Processor Model: Future Intel based mobile platform.
- Processor Speed: 45nm Intel Core 2 processor
- Memory: 2GB DDR3 1066MHz (2x1GB)
- Screen: 13.3" WXGA LED Backlit Active Digitizer Display (1280×800)
- Video: Intel next-gen integrated graphics
- Hard Drive: 120GB 5400rpm
- Optical Drive: DVD +/- RW Double Layer
- Wireless: Atheros 802.11 a/g/n
- Bluetooth: 2.1+EDR
- Camera: Yes
- Fingerprint Reader: Yes
- Ports: USB x3, VGA out, LAN, Modem,Microphone In, Headphone Out
- Battery: 6 Cell Lithium Ion
- Weight: 4.4lbs.
- Physical: (WxDxH) 12.5"x9.6"x1.4"
- Operating System: Windows XP Professional Tablet Edition
That last tidbit jumped out at me: XP Tablet Edition? I suspect that with these specs, the T5010 ought to handle Vista. Could be a special educational deal, so we’ll have to wait and see… thanks Nomo!