April Fools’ Day jokes have a long tradition on the Internet, dating back to at least RFC1149, “A Standard for the Transmission of IP Datagrams on Avian Carriers” in 1990. Depending on your temperament, you may see these as either an amusing diversion, a great nuisance, or something in between. In any case, here are some of the not-news stories that WWD will not be covering today:
- Google & Virgin planning a Mars colony
- TechCrunch suing Facebook
- Real-world tagging from the Web Standards Project
- Dog-based “Mechanical Turk” work at Amazon
- Backdated messages in GMail.