French media giant Lagardere announced its 2007 earnings yesterday and some numbers about its digital media activities:
– Lagardere Active CEO Didier Quillot said the group, which recently bought online content site Doctissimo, was now one year ahead of its goal to generate between 5 percent and 10 percent of its sales from the digital business in 2009.
– Launch of our Digital Transformation strategy, and expansion of web-based activities (digital revenues up from 1 percent of net sales in 2006 to 3.1 percent in 2007)
– Digital activities are set to break even at operating level by 2009
Its list of acquisitions in 2007:
– Acquisition of Doctissimo, early 2008: based on end-December 2007 figures, this deal raises our deduplicated audience to 11.2 million UVs, putting Lagardère Active into 10th place in France behind Yahoo!
– Acquisition in May 2007 of Jumpstart (specialist online advertising network serving the automotive sector in the USA)
– Acquisition in August 2007 of Nextedia (France