OK we’re not even done with the Verizon flat-rate phone plans news announcement and here comes Ma Bell with its own $99-a-month unlimited offer.
The plans will be available to new and existing wireless subscribers for $99.99 a month for unlimited U.S. calling on all devices with no domestic roaming or long distance charges. The plans can be combined with any current wireless data plan to give customers the ultimate in wireless freedom. The new plans, available Feb. 22
By the way, this unlimited plan is for voice only. No changes on data and SMS pricing, which still cost an arm and a leg. Hah! Why it was only yesterday that I was wondering how long it would take AT&T and T-Mobile to respond to Verizon’s plans. As someone just said, competition is a bitch ;-). Plan details are below the fold.
The following information is from an AT&T spokesperson
* Unlimited Voice Only: $99.99 unlimited voice only for standard wireless phones (note: smartphones/iPhones/PDAs also require an additional data plan)
* Unlimited Voice and Text Only: $119.99 for unlimited voice and text, picture, video and instant messages
* Unlimited Voice and Data (email and MEdiaNet) Only: $114.99 for unlimited voice and unlimited data for a standard wireless phone (excluding smartphones/BlackBerry and iPhone)
* $129.99 unlimited voice and unlimited data for a smartphone/PDA/BlackBerry on consumer email
* $144.99 unlimited voice and unlimited data for a smartphone/PDA/BlackBerry on corporate email
* Unlimited Voice, Data and Text: $134.99 for unlimited voice and text, picture, video and instant messages and unlimited data for a standard wireless phone.
* iPhone with Unlimited Voice: $99.99 unlimited voice + $20/$30/$40 data package (Note: the unlimited voice option will not be immediately available in iTunes. However, customers can select one of the existing plans in iTunes, then call us to switch, at no charge, to the unlimited voice plan.)