Ah yes, a month later and Palm might have released the Windows Mobile 6 upgrade after other devices got v6.1. Just in time to prevent that, Palm has made the latest Microsoft mobile OS available for the Treo 750 customers on the AT&T network. All of the latest features I’ve come to enjoy on my T-Mobile Dash since May of this year are readily available for the 750 including:
- Microsoft Direct Push Technology connection to email, calendar, contacts and tasks
- Email enhancements such as HTML-formatted email messages
- Ability to set an out-of-office message from the Treo smartphone
- Mini-SD storage card encryption, password and PIN improvements, and remote data wipe
- Ability to search for email messages on the Exchange server
- Meeting request and scheduling conflict improvements
- Improved Calendar with Day-at-a-Glance bar.
It’s yours for the downloading, Treo 750 owners. Hurry up before Win Mo 6.1 hits the airwaves! Actually, I shouldn’t be so snarky: this upgrade gives something to Treo 750 owners something I’ll never see on my Dash – HSDPA support! Happy faster surfing!