Today, with the release of OS X 10.4.11, Apple’s beloved Tiger took its last breath. This update to Tiger is to be the last update to an OS that helped usher Apple in to one of its most profitable and market-share changing eras in their lifespan.
The biggest addition with this update is that Apple is updating Tiger users to it’s latest version of Safari, Safari 3.
A few other updates include:
- Improved reliability when running VMWARE’s Fusion
- Improved compatibility when using OpenType fonts in QuarkExpress
- Improved syncing between iPhone and Yahoo! address books
- Improved compatibility with third-party wireless wide-area network devices
- Improved reliability when mounting external USB hard drives.
- Support for Microsoft Presenter Mouse 8000
- Addressed issues with certain Apple Dashboard widgets: Unit Converter, Calculator, Stocks
- Allowed use of the special keys on aluminum Apple Keyboards to control Aperture slideshows
Full details available here. The download should be available in Software Update.