Is it Sunday already? Yep, and another week in front of us. Here’s the best of the week behind:
- Google disses Blackle, the so-called energy-saving black Google, big time. Google’s note to Blackle: Making the Google homepage black will not reduce energy consumption and may actually increase energy usage on certain moniters. Got it.
- Range Fuels CEO, Mitch Mandich, tells us his biofuel startup is considering an IPO next year and is in major fundraising mode right now — the company hired a CFO last week.
- Tesla Motor’s founder and CEO steps down before even selecting a permanent CEO. Here’s his own words and why he isn’t an “unreliable version of PT Barnum.”
- Eliminating the physical distribution of digital goods — CDs, DVDs — is a good way for companies in many industries to reduce their impact on the environment. Nuff said.
- Fresh from raising $77 million, the CEO of thin film solar startup HelioVolt chats with us about competitors and challenges.