A demanding boss is probably not the reason many Indians are working longer hours these days. Here are some interesting insights from video media network Nautanki.tv’s online video watchers study.
- In India, 85 percent of online video consumption happens from offices.
- 76 percent of all video consumption happens from the top seven metros / mini metros. Mumbai contributes to 14 percent of the consumption, Delhi 12.5 percent and Chennai is the lowest at 6.5 percent, probably because nautanki.tv has mostly Hinglish content.
- 30 percent of daily video consumption comes from Indians outside of India, largely from the Bay area and New York.
- Entertainment is the key traffic driver.
- Audiences have an attention span of 3.5 minutes for an online video with 50 percent of the audience dropping off at the 5 minute level. Almost no one watches a segment that is more than 10 minutes long, unless it is a documentary / short film of interest to the watcher.