Yahoo! Go 2.0 is now available in the US and 13 other countries (Canada, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Spain, United Kingdom, Thailand and Vietnam) offering a totally new Internet experience on your mobile phone. The new version offers a lot of new features including:
- Faster than ever before – Greatly increased speed, including substantially reduced loading time, makes it even more fun to use
- Even better e-mail – Ability to read more types of attachments, including PDF files and Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel documents, and access to Yahoo! Mail folders
- More powerful maps – View both satellite and hybrid maps, current traffic conditions and optional GPS integration on select devices, including the BlackBerry® 8800
- Easier to stay connected – Search Yahoo! Address Book contacts to call or get driving directions with one-click and view Yahoo! Calendar, even search for specific entries
- Better mobile search results – Faster access to better results with just oneSearch
Is this the "real" Internet we’ve heard so much about?
Full press release after the jump.
SINGAPORE, COMMUNICASIA, 20 June 2007 – Yahoo! (Nasdaq: YHOO), a leading global Internet company, announced today that it has signed partnership agreements with six major mobile operators across Asia, representing a combined subscriber base of nearly 100 million. These new partnerships focus on distribution of Yahoo!’s popular mobile search service, Yahoo! oneSearch, which launched in Asia in May of this year.
The six mobile operators are Globe Telecom (Philippines), Idea Cellular Limited (India), LG Telecom (Korea), Maxis Communications Berhad (Malaysia), PT Telekomunikasi Selular “Telkomsel” (Indonesia) and Taiwan Mobile (Taiwan). These strategic partnerships demonstrate Yahoo!’s commitment to becoming number one in mobile services and establishes the company’s strong early leadership position across Asia in mobile audience reach, mobile search services and mobile monetization.
By distributing Yahoo! oneSearch these six major operators will make it easier for people to search for and find better results and instant answers on their mobile devices. Yahoo! oneSearch gives consumers access to news, Web images, financial information, weather conditions, Flickr™ and Web and mobile Web sites, as well as makes it easy to navigate to other web sites.
“These partnerships with leading operators in Asia help extend Yahoo!’s clear leadership in the mobile space,” said David Ko, vice president and general manager, Connected Life Asia, Yahoo!. “Partners are essential to our consumer-centric mobile strategy and key relationships will continue to evolve and deliver great Internet experiences to our respective customers,” Ko added.
Yahoo! oneSearch is now available in 14 countries around the world (Canada, France, Germany, Indonesia, India, Italy, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States and Vietnam) and will soon be available in Korea and Taiwan. Yahoo! oneSearch first launched in the United States in January 2007.
For information on Yahoo! oneSearch please visit:
India – in.mobile.yahoo.com
Indonesia – id.mobile.yahoo.com
Malaysia – malaysia.mobile.yahoo.com
Philippines – ph.mobile.yahoo.com