Lifetime’s rash of upfront announcements includes a full remake of LifetimeTV.com slated for June and expanded digital content that, if successful, could post some challenge to NBCU’s iVillage.com and the Scripps lifestyle nets. Granted, the other two have quite a head start. Among the plans:
– Content partnerships with Hearst, About.com and “a leading health content provider.”
– Exclusive broadband content from Hearst (lifestyle) and NYTCO’s About.com (home and crafts).
– A partnership with Real’s Real Arcade slated for summer for “Lifetime Presents’ games for download with new games being released each quarter. Lifetime’s audience has a pretty clear overlap with the majority of casual gamers. The games section at Lifetime has tripled its traffic since a redesign late last fall.
– The revamp includes what sounds like a social net … “a dynamic, infinitely-scalable community where women can find content on thousands of topics, comment and share their stories about these topics, and add their own topics to start new conversations.”
– On the mobile front, Lifetime Digital plans a WAP site for 4Q07 and a deck app for Sprint, Verizon and Cingular.